Job Description & Responsibilities
The Rigging TD is responsible for building, maintaining and expanding our rigging department tool-sets as well as making production quality character and prop rigs on our shows. He or she reports to the Rigging supervisor and help maintaining assets on schedule for animation. He or she should help bringing new techniques and technology to help modernizing our rigging pipeline.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with the existing rigging team
- Be able to work under demanding artistic and technical environment
- Build rigs with our tool-sets following internal conventions as well as being able to elaborate sophisticated deformation and animation rigs.
- Publish code following the studio development conventions.
- Participate with other riggers evaluating best techniques to employ while creating specific animation rigs or tools.
- Assist the Rigging Supervisor overcoming technical challenges.
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Solid knowledge of rigging
- Proficient with Autodesk Maya production software
- Knowledge of academics such as linear algebra, trigonometry, geometry, calculus and differential geometry
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills required
- Good understanding of anatomy, structure, and character motion
- A strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work under demanding environment
- Python and Mel programming is mandatory
- Maya API, C++, object oriented programming is a plus
- Fluent English or French