Job Description & Responsibilities
The Character Modeling Artist is responsible for creation, revision, maintenance and support of the digital character assets, responding for the guidance and review notes from the director - as well as creative and technical supervisors. Reports to the Character Division Supervisor and guided technically by Character Modeling Lead.
Collaborates with the Layout Division and Animation Division to help manage complexity of the models (Proxy or Final versions) for the use in the layout and animation stages. Works closely with the Rigging/Skinning and Character Shading Departments to ensure models are constructed correctly.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience working within a CG Animation Feature production pipeline.
- Solid experience as senior or a lead.
- Possesses an excellent understanding asset tracking and management tools.
- Solid experience working in Maya and Zbrush.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to follow 2D concept/designs
- Excellent attention to technical and aesthetic details, strong problem solving skills. and ability to deliver accurate work.
- Adaptability/Flexibility of style.
- Bachelors Degree in Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics or equivalent job experience. Background in Human and/or Animal Anatomy is ideal.