Job Description & Responsibilities
Reports directly to the Character FX Supervisor. Will simulate clothing (digital wardrobe), hairstyles, fur and feathers based on reference and artistic direction. Ability to handle more challenging/complex shots, under a highly aggressive production schedule. Serves as a strong technical and artistic mentor to the more junior members of the team.
Collaborates with the creation of the tools and methodologies for the cloth, muscle and hair/fur pipeline.
- 3+ years Character FX experience working within a CG Animation Feature production pipeline.
- Strong knowledge creating CG CharFX in Maya.
- Working knowledge of Houdini.
- Solid knowledge cloth simulations, Shave/Haircut, Maya Fur and Yeti.
- Knowledge of skinning and muscle/mass simulation solutions.
- Proficiency in Python, MEL and C/C++ programming experience is ideal.
- Strong problem solving abilities necessary.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Computer Science, or related field, or comparable job experience.